When that craving for a pumpkin dessert hits, it doesn’t get much easier – or more delicious, than these scrumptious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars!
Looking for the best pumpkin bars recipe? Look no further!
I have been making these bars over and over again these past few months. All six of my kids love them and pretty much beg for another batch as soon as they’re gone.
They are soft, moist, full of that cozy pumpkin spice flavor and lots of gooey chocolate chips, PLUS this recipe uses the whole can of pumpkin puree! Hooray!
How to Make the Best Pumpkin Bars:
- Mix together butter, oil, sugar and pumpkin puree until smooth.
- Add in an egg, vanilla extract, spices and baking soda.
- Stir in flour and chocolate chips.
- Spread in a pan and bake!
(Complete recipe below in recipe card.)
That’s all! These are so easy to make, you won’t even mind the constant requests to bake more!
What makes these the BEST Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars?
- This recipe uses the entire can of pumpkin puree. Don’t you just love that?! No more wondering what to do with an odd amount of leftovers.
- This recipe uses common ingredients that you likely already have on hand!
- All of the ingredients get mixed together in one bowl. Just one dirty dish to wash!
- They only take about 10 minutes to mix up, and just 30 minutes to bake!
- You can crush you pumpkin craving and chocolate craving all in one easy treat!
If you make these pumpkin bars, I would love for you to comment here on the blog!
If you take pictures, I’d love to see them!! Tag your recipe pictures with #backforsecondsrecipes on Instagram and tag me @BackforSeconds!
MORE EASY PUMPKIN DESSERT RECIPES TO TRY:
- Pumpkin Pie Oreo Cheesecake Fluff
- Pumpkin Spice Sheet Cake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Twists
- BEST Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Biscotti Recipe
Follow Back for Seconds on social media!
BE THE FIRST TO GET NEW RECIPES – SUBSCRIBE TO BACK FOR SECONDS BY EMAIL
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars
- 4 TBS unsalted butter very soft
- 1/3 cup oil any mild flavored oil - I use canola
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 15 oz can pumpkin purée
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add butter, oil, sugars, and pumpkin to a large mixing bowl and beat until very well combined.
- Add egg, vanilla, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda and mix well.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips, reserving 1/4 cup for the top.
- Spread batter into a greased 13x9" pan and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tester inserted into the center of the bars comes out clean or with moist crumbs.Store cooled bars covered at room temperature for 2 days, or refrigerated for a week.