Easy Pumpkin Praline Cake From Scratch is a must make dessert for fall and the upcoming holiday season! Save this recipe now for Thanksgiving and Christmas!
Click HERE to pin this recipe for later!
Yes, I just mentioned the holidays. And yes, it’s still technically summer. Sorry?
I am happy to keep the summer weather, but once school starts, and pumpkin spice everything hits the shelves and coffee shops, I just can’t help myself. It’s pumpkin season, y’all!
If it’s too hot where you live, and you can’t bring yourself to turn on the oven for fall desserts just yet, I have a solution! No-bake pumpkin desserts for the win! These are some of our all time favorites:
This Pumpkin Pie Oreo Cheesecake Fluff is cool, creamy, and has all the fall flavors we love! These No Bake Pumpkin Spice Crack Cookies are quick and easy and totally addictive! This easy No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe is so incredibly dreamy! Don’t wait for Thanksgiving to make it!
Ok, fess up. Have you given in to the pumpkin spice goodness yet this year? I totally gave in about a week ago and tried the new pumpkin cream cold brew. It was so good and totally put me in the fall baking mood!
Yesterday I went on my kindergartner’s first field trip! We went to the apple orchard and had lots of fun apple picking, and now I have a gorgeous assortment of colorful apples displayed on my table.
This is only encouraging more fall baking for me! We all keep snacking on them, but I am totally thinking of all the yummy recipes I could be making. Stay tuned for apple recipes!!
But today is all about the pumpkin! Not only is this cake surprisingly easy to make, but it uses an entire can of pumpkin puree! Hooray! Don’t you love recipes like this?! No more saving a half used can of pumpkin only to forget about it, and have it rot in the fridge. Ha! I know I can’t be the only one.
This cake is so moist and flavorful, you could totally do without frosting and just dust it with powdered sugar. But that would be a shame because this praline frosting is out-of-this-world AMAZING!
If you’ve never made praline frosting before, don’t be intimidated. It’s actually really simple, and only takes a few minutes! You are going to love it!
Don’t wait for the holidays to make this Easy Pumpkin Praline Cake. Make it now, then you will know that it will be the star of your holiday gathering in a couple months! Enjoy!
A FEW QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE AND PRO TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE EASY PUMPKIN PRALINE CAKE FROM SCRATCH:
- Can this EASY PUMPKIN PRALINE CAKE FROM SCRATCH be made as a layer cake? YES! Bake the pumpkin cake recipe in 2 8″ or 9″ pans and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Can this PUMPKIN PRALINE CAKE be made ahead of time and frozen? You can make this pumpkin cake in advance and after it cools, wrap it well in plastic wrap and freeze. Thaw at room temperature for an hour then make the frosting!
- Can I make this PUMPKIN PRALINE CAKE without nuts? If you do not like pecans, or have an allergy, you may leave them out altogether, or swap them for a different nut. Walnuts would be delicious here too!
Follow Back for Seconds on social media!
MORE EASY PUMPKIN DESSERT RECIPES TO TRY:
- Pumpkin Spice Magic Bars are similar to the classic seven layer bars, but these are all dressed up for fall! A gooey, chewy, easy fall dessert recipe!
When that craving for a pumpkin dessert hits, it doesn’t get much easier – or more delicious, than these scrumptious Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars!
- These are the BEST Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies ever – with toffee! I promise! They are soft and chewy – not cakey like so many other recipes. You will LOVE these!
This easy No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe will be the star of your holiday dessert table!
- Pumpkin Meltaways with Maple Pumpkin Spice Icing are soft and light cookies that melt in your mouth! The perfect cookie to celebrate fall and the holidays!
If you make this homemade pumpkin praline cake recipe, I would love for you to leave a star rating and comment here on the blog! It’s helps me to know what you are making and loving and it’s helpful to other readers as well!
If you take pictures, I’d love to see them!! Tag your recipe pictures with #backforsecondsrecipes on Instagram and tag me @BackforSeconds!
Join the Back For Seconds Recipes Community Facebook Group where we can chat and share favorite recipes and tips with each other!
Easy Pumpkin Praline Cake From Scratch
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup butter (very soft)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl beat pumpkin, oil, butter, and sugar.
- Add vanilla and eggs, mixing after each addition.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice and mix until well incorporated.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Pour cake batter into a greased 9x13" pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium sauce pan melt together brown sugar, butter, and milk. Stirring frequently, bring the mixture to a boil and let boil for one full minute.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla and 1 cup of the powdered sugar, whisking until smooth.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then whisk in remaining powdered sugar and pour over cake.
- Immediately sprinkle nuts over frosting and gently press them down just enough so they stick.
- Store covered at room temperature for up to 5 days.
This post was originally published on Sep 14, 2019.
Be the first to get new recipes – Subscribe to Back For Seconds by Email
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. There is no added cost to you. Thank you for helping support us so we can continue providing you with free recipes!