The most delicious French Silk Pie Recipe that’s easier to make than you think! Rich, smooth, and silky, piled high with whipped cream and chocolate curls!
This French Silk Pie recipe is for all of my fellow chocolate lovers out there! Chocolate crust, velvety smooth chocolate filling, and of course, lots of chocolate curls on top.
It’s even completely no-bake! What’s not to love?
Classic french silk pie has a traditional pie crust, but if I’m being honest – I don’t really like pie crust!!
I do, however, love chocolate. So I opted for a chocolate Oreo pie crust, which makes this pie even easier to make, and now there is no oven required from start to finish.
QUESTIONS AND PRO TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS CHOCOLATE FRENCH SILK PIE RECIPE:
- How to make an Oreo cookie crust: Pulse Oreo cookies (including the cream filling) in a food processor until finely ground. Add melted butter to the crumbs and stir until well combined. Then press firmly into the bottom and sides of a pie plate. Then freeze! That’s it!
- What kind of chocolate is used in a French Silk Pie? I use a combination of semi sweet chocolate and dark cocoa powder for a deep chocolate flavor that’s not overly sweet.
- Why do you need to mix the French Silk Pie filling for so long? Whisking the mixture well after each egg addition helps to ensure you get the most rise from each egg. It makes the filling light and fluffy, and silky smooth! Don’t cut the mixing time short – it’s worth it!
More Chocolate Dessert Recipes to try:
- This is the best recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Frosting that I have ever had! They are rich and chocolatey yet light and fluffy. Cupcake heaven!
- Chocolate Pecan Pie Magic Bars– a Thanksgiving dessert tradition in our family!
- These Chewy Brownie Cookies with M&M’s are always met with rave reviews. Chewy, fudgy, brownie-like cookies are loaded with chocolate and M&M candies – YUM!
- Chewy Chocolate Nutella Cookie Bars– fudgy, chewy, and loaded with chocolate and Nutella!
- Three kinds of chocolate unite in one deliciously decadent dessert: Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake!
Products used to make this French Silk Pie Recipe:
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If you make this easy chocolate French silk pie recipe, I would love for you to leave a star rating and comment here on the blog! It’s helps me to know what you are making and loving and it’s helpful to other readers as well!
If you take pictures, I’d love to see them!! Tag your recipe pictures with #backforsecondsrecipes on Instagram and tag me @BackforSeconds!
Join the Back For Seconds Recipes Community Facebook Group where we can chat and share favorite recipes and tips with each other!
French Silk Pie Recipe
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 20 Oreo cookies (ground into fine crumbs)
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz melted chocolate (cooled to room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz whipped topping or whipped cream
- 4 oz chocolate curls or chocolate shavings
- In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and cookie crumbs.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of a greased 9 1/2" deep dish pie plate and freeze.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Mix in the cooled chocolate until well combined.
- Add the vanilla, salt, and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Switch to the whisk attachment on your mixer.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing for 5 minutes after each addition for a total of 20 minutes.
- Pour the filling evenly into the pie crust.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate curls or shavings. Chill at least 3 hours or overnight.
This post was originally published on February 7, 2020
Be the first to get new recipes – Subscribe to Back For Seconds by Email