White Chocolate Cranberry Orange Cookies are sweet and tart, soft and chewy, and full of holiday spice! Oatmeal cookies never tasted so good!
There is something so cozy and comforting about a fresh-from-the-oven oatmeal cookie! Years ago, while fine tuning How to Make The Perfect Chewy Oatmeal Scotchie, my husband informed me those were one of his favorite cookies. And a few of my kids are huge fans of oatmeal raison cookies.
For some reason, though, I hardly ever make oatmeal cookies (except for the Best Monster Cookies Recipe – those are a family favorite. Everyone LOVES them!).
While trying to come up with a new oatmeal cookie for the holiday season, the flavors of orange, cranberry, and white chocolate came to my mind, and I immediately got to work creating this delightful cookie!
When they came out of the oven we all agreed – these are a hit! Crisp around the edges, with chewy centers, and filled with warm spices and sweet and tart flavors that tickle your taste buds!
Tips for making the best White Chocolate Cranberry Orange Cookies:
- Make sure your butter is very soft but not melted! Melted butter will make your cookies spread too thin.
- Use all brown sugar. This not only adds more flavor to the cookies, but it also gives them a nice chewy texture.
- Add both orange extract and fresh orange zest to get the most orange flavor without disturbing the consistency of the cookie dough by adding too much moisture.
- The addition of warm cinnamon, allspice, cranberries, and white chocolate gives these cookies a delicious depth of flavor while balancing them out so they are not too sweet, too tart, or too spicy. It’s the perfect combination!
(Complete ingredients list, recipe, and directions in recipe card below.)
If you make this White Chocolate Cranberry Orange Cookies recipe I would love for you to comment here on the blog!
If you take pictures, I’d love to see them!! Tag your recipe pictures with #backforsecondsrecipes on Instagram and tag me @BackforSeconds!
More Fall Cookies to Try:
- Best Chewy Molasses Cookies
- Pumpkin Apple Snickerdoodles
- BEST Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Cranberry Toffee Cookies Recipe
- 18 Best Cozy and Festive Cookies For Fall
BE THE FIRST TO GET NEW RECIPES – SUBSCRIBE TO BACK FOR SECONDS BY EMAIL
White Chocolate Cranberry Orange Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBS orange zest
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add cinnamon, allspice, salt, vanilla, orange extract, eggs, and orange zest, and mix well.
- Mix in baking soda and baking powder.
- Add flour and oats and mix until well combined.
- Stir in cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by 3 TBS scoops onto ungreased cookie sheets (I like to line mine with a silicone baking mat) 2" apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet at least 5 minutes before transferring them to cooling racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.