Caramel Apple Crumb Cake is a scrumptious fall dessert! Filled with cinnamon and apples, loaded with a buttery crumb topping, and a salted caramel drizzle!
Click HERE to pin this recipe for later!
There is nothing quite like the experience of baking with apples. Something about the aroma that fills the air just makes you feel so cozy!
This caramel apple crumb cake is a must-make recipe for the fall. Make it for dessert! Make it for brunch! Just make it!
If you happen to love baking with apples as much as I do, be sure to check out some of our other favorite apple recipes, like Snickerdoodle Apple Pie Bars for dessert and The BEST Cinnamon Apple Bread for breakfast – or pretty much any time of day. I can never seem to make enough! And don’t forget the Easy Homemade Caramel Dip for your extra apples!
One of my little guys started kindergarten this year, and a couple weeks ago was his very first field trip. I was so happy to get to chaperone and hang out in the apple orchard with him and his friends.
After apple picking, we each came home with lots of apples. Most of them were eaten pretty quickly by the eight of us. Something about picking apples yourself makes them more appealing, I guess, haha!
We did have extras though, and I definitely had the itch to bake something with those beauties. This recipe makes a delicious, moist, flavorful cake, full of cinnamon apples. The brown sugar and cinnamon crumble topping is plentiful – just the way it should be. A generous drizzle of salted caramel elevates this cake to next-level scrumptious!
How to make Caramel Apple Crumb Cake:
- Start with peeled, cored, and chopped apples. Stir them together with some cinnamon and sugar.
- Make the crumb topping! Stir together melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and flour until it comes together and forms large crumbs.
- Make the cake batter! Follow recipe directions in the recipe card below.
- Assemble! Stir the apples into the cake batter and pour into a greased 9×13″ pan. Top evenly with the crumble and bake 40 minutes.
- Top generously with caramel and enjoy!
A FEW QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE AND PRO TIPS FOR MAKING CARAMEL APPLE CRUMB CAKE:
CAN THIS APPLE CRUMB CAKE BE MADE IN ADVANCE? Yes! You can make this cake the day before, if desired. Hold off on topping with caramel until ready to serve.
WHAT KIND OF APPLES SHOULD BE USED FOR BAKING? I prefer using Granny Smith apples in baking. They are firm and stand up well in baking. Plus I love the tartness in contrast to all the sweetness in baked goods. You may also use Fuji, Gala, or any other firm apple. Stay away form Red Delicious and Golden Delicious as they are too soft and don’t hold up well in baked goods.
SHOULD CARAMEL APPLE CRUMB CAKE BE SERVED WARM OR COLD? Nothing beats a warm apple cake, in my opinion. Go ahead and serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and extra caramel sauce for an amazing fall dessert! Of course, feel free to use your own personal preference and enjoy cold or at room temperature too!
BE THE FIRST TO GET NEW RECIPES – SUBSCRIBE TO BACK FOR SECONDS BY EMAIL
WONDERING WHAT ELSE YOU CAN MAKE WITH APPLES? TRY THESE DELICIOUS APPLE RECIPES:
- This recipe seriously makes The BEST Cinnamon Apple Bread! It tastes like apple crisp in bread form! It’s moist, flavorful and has a crunchy cinnamon topping!
- No bake Apple Pie Cheesecake Fluff has all the flavors of apple pie and cheesecake, in one easy dip! A great side dish or dessert for holidays and parties!
- Caramel Apple Texas Sheet Cake is incredibly moist and flavorful. It’s easy to make and feeds a crowd. The caramel cream cheese icing is out of this world!