Fudge Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are an indulgent dessert sure to knock your socks off! These easy, chewy, chocolatey bars are crazy delicious!
I feel like this recipe needs to come with a warning, so here it is: You will not be able to resist these bars!! You will have great difficulty stopping at one. You will not care if your pants no longer fit tomorrow. I suggest making these when you have several people to share them with, otherwise you will be in trouble if left alone with the pan!
More of Our Favorite Cookie Bars:
- Soft and Chewy Snickerdoodle Bars
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
- Mint Fudge Stuffed Brownies
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Blondies
- Copycat Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Bars
Chocolate chip cookies are already one of my biggest weaknesses. Especially fresh from the oven. Well then I went and added a thick layer of fudge in between two layers of chewy chocolate chip cookies. Be still my heart.
More Fudge Recipes You’ll Love:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Double Decker Fudge
- Easy Salted Maple Nut Fudge
- No Fail Turtle Fudge
- Milk and Cookies Fudge
- Easy Cinnamon Snickerdoodle Fudge
I had to put half the pan in the freezer, and shared the other half with some with friends. I have no self control around these bars. They are just TOO GOOD! There is a peanut butter version of these fudge stuffed cookie bars in my cookbook, and I haven’t made them since testing the recipe while writing the book. Like I said, I cannot be trusted around them! Make these and share them – you will be everyone’s favorite!
If you make this Fudge Filled Cookie Bar Recipe, I would love for you to leave a star rating and comment here on the blog! It’s helps me to know what you are making and loving and it’s helpful to other readers as well!
If you take pictures, I’d love to see them!! Tag your recipe pictures with #backforsecondsrecipes on Instagram and tag me @BackforSeconds!
Follow Back for Seconds on social media!
Join the Back For Seconds Recipes Community Facebook Group where we can chat and share favorite recipes and tips with each other!
Fudge Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and creamy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and salt and mix well.
- Add baking soda and flour and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press 2/3 of the dough into a foil lined, greased 9x13" pan. Set aside.
- In a glass bowl, heat the condensed milk and chocolate in the microwave, 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each time, until melted and smooth (should take 60-90 seconds). Pour evenly over cookie dough.
- Take remaining 1/3 cookie dough, and flatten between your hands, a little at a time, and lay over the fudge layer as evenly as possible. (Because the dough is sticky, it works best to spray your clean hands with cooking spray to make the dough easier to handle).
- Bake 22-25 minutes or until golden and the edges start to slightly pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool on the counter, then chill for 2 or more hours before cutting. Store tightly covered.
This post was originally published on Mar 5, 2017 and updated on Aug 1, 2022
Be the first to get new recipes – Subscribe to Back For Seconds by Email