This Easy Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte rivals any you can buy in a coffee shop! It’s made with real pumpkin with options to make it sugar free and dairy free!
It’s officially fall, y’all! This means there is no shame in breaking out the pumpkin spice everything!
Today was a perfect fall day. 68 degrees and sunny.
I took this opportunity to make myself an Easy Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte, and sit on the back deck, rocking my sleeping newborn baby. It was bliss!
Up until a few weeks ago, I hadn’t had coffee in a long time. It made me so sick while I was pregnant, but I can finally enjoy it again! I was super excited to see peppermint mocha creamer back in stores (my #1 favorite!) and have been drinking that in my coffee most days.
And now that it’s fall and pumpkin is front and center – I knew it was time to create a pumpkin spice latte at home! This way is so much less expensive, it’s made with real pumpkin, and you can easily customize it to your dietary needs.
How to make a homemade Starbucks copycat pumpkin spice latte customized for you:
- First brew your coffee. Decaf or regular – the choice is yours!
- Heat the milk, pumpkin, sugar, and spices until it starts to simmer.
- Make it foamy! Froth your milk using a brother, immersion blender, or a whisk and whip it until light and foamy.
- Can I make a PSL without dairy? Yes! For a dairy free option, use your favorite milk substitute (almond milk works great) and cool whip for the topping.
- Need a sugar free latte? Use stevia or your favorite sugar substitute in place of the sugar (do not use the same amount as the sugar listed in the recipe – adjust to your desired sweetness).
(Complete recipe below in recipe card.)
Let’s light some candles, put on a sweater, and dive into pumpkin season!
Follow Back for Seconds on social media!
Wondering what to make with the rest of the can of pumpkin puree? I’ve got you covered!
Products used to make this recipe (click the image for purchase details):
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
BE THE FIRST TO GET NEW RECIPES – SUBSCRIBE TO BACK FOR SECONDS BY EMAIL
Easy Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 3/4 cup milk or milk substitute
- 3 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 Tbsp sugar or sugar substitute, to taste
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed black coffee
- Add milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and sugar to a small saucepan and whisk together over medium heat.
- Continue whisking until the milk starts so simmer. Then turn off the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- Use an immersion blender, blender, or whisk vigorously to froth the milk, then pour over coffee, add whipped cream and cinnamon to the top, (optional) and enjoy!
This post was originally published on Sep 22, 2018