Pumpkin Butterscotch Poke Cake with chocolate and toffee is a delicious fall dessert that will wow your tastebuds and impress holiday guests!
And every week there seems to be another list of goodies we want to try! My kids all love fall and enjoy helping me come up with new ideas and recipes to create. So fun!
I am a summer loving girl, through and through, but all of our children, with the exception of the youngest, love fall. They love the cooler weather, pumpkin and apple everything, all the extra baking mom does, ha!
Though I never like to see summer end, their excitement for all things fall does make it more enjoyable to embrace autumn. And lets face it, I love all the fall baking too!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE PUMPKIN POKE CAKE:
- Prepare the homemade pumpkin cake and let it cool for about ten minutes.
- Poke holes all over the cake, leaving 1″ or so between holes. I like to use the end of a wooden spoon.
- Pour butterscotch pudding over the cake.
- Top the completely cooled cake with whipped topping, Heath bits, and a chocolate drizzle!
(Complete recipe below in recipe card.)
If you make this pumpkin poke cake, I would love for you to comment here on the blog and give it a star rating!
If you take pictures, I’d love to see them!! Tag your recipe pictures with #backforsecondsrecipes on Instagram and tag me @BackforSeconds!
MORE FALL DESSERT RECIPES TO TRY:
- Maple Cookies with Maple Icing
- Pumpkin Oreo Mousse Brownies
- Easy Pumpkin Praline Cake From Scratch
- Chocolate Pecan Pie Magic Bars
- Snickerdoodle Apple Pie Bars
Follow Back for Seconds on social media!
Join the Back For Seconds Recipes Community Facebook Group where we can chat and share favorite recipes and tips with each other!
BE THE FIRST TO GET NEW RECIPES – SUBSCRIBE TO BACK FOR SECONDS BY EMAIL!
Pumpkin Butterscotch Poke Cake
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter very soft
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cup prepared butterscotch pudding
- 8 oz whipped topping
- 1/2 cup Heath baking bits or chopped toffee
- drizzle chocolate sauce optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl beat pumpkin, oil, butter, and sugar until well combined.
- Add vanilla and eggs, mixing after each addition.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice and mix until well incorporated.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Pour cake batter into a greased 9x13" pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- After baking, allow the cake to cook about ten minutes. Then, with the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the cake, leaving at least an inch between holes.
- Spread butterscotch pudding over the cake. It will fill in the holes and there will be some left on top.
- After the cake has cooled completely, spread whipped topping over the cake and sprinkle with toffee bits. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- If desired, drizzle with chocolate sauce before serving.
- Store covered in the refrigerator.