These Molasses Chocolate Chunk Cookies are crackled on the outside and chewy on the inside. Perfectly spiced, and full of pecans and chocolate!
One of your favorite recipes on Back for Seconds is the Best Chewy Molasses Cookies. They are also one of the most loved cookies in our family, and one we make every year at Christmas time.
Today’s recipe has the same crackly tops and chewy centers, but this time we made them a little extra – and you are definitely going to want to try these!!
As far as nuts in baked goods go, my family all seems to agree that pecans are the top choice! And if you ask me, pecans are best paired with chocolate!
Let me tell you, if you have not tried the combination of molasses or gingerbread with chocolate before – you must! The pecans added a delicious nutty crunch, and rounded out these flavors beautifully.
This is such a delicious twist on a classic cookie, and have quickly become a new favorite around here!
HOW TO MAKE CHEWY MOLASSES CHOCOLATE COOKIES WITH PECANS:
- Start with room temperature butter and cream it together with some brown sugar. This is the case for a flavorful and chewy cookie!
- Add molasses, for that classic rich flavor, eggs and vanilla.
- Cinnamon and ginger add just the right amount of spice that pairs perfectly with the molasses for a divine holiday flavor!
- The combination of baking powder and baking soda add just the right amount of lift and spread for these cookies.
- Dark chocolate chunks add another scrumptious level of flavor without being too sweet. Of course, you may substitute semi sweet chocolate if you prefer.
- Chopped pecans add crunch and nuttiness. If you prefer not to add nuts, that’s ok! Just leave them out.
- Theses cookies also freeze beautifully, so you can bake now and enjoy later!
If you make these Molasses Chocolate Chunk Pecan Cookies, I would love for you to comment here on the blog and give them a star rating!
If you take pictures, I’d love to see them!! Tag your recipe pictures with #backforsecondsrecipes on Instagram and tag me @BackforSeconds. It’s so fun to see what you all are making!
MORE EASY DESSERT RECIPES TO TRY THIS FALL:
- Snickerdoodle Apple Pie Bars
- Easy Gingerbread Biscotti Recipe
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Bars
- Homemade Spice Cake with Maple Frosting
- Chocolate Pumpkin Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Buttercream
Follow Back for Seconds on social media!
Join the Back For Seconds Recipes Community Facebook Group where we can chat and share favorite recipes and tips with each other!
BE THE FIRST TO GET NEW RECIPES – SUBSCRIBE TO BACK FOR SECONDS BY EMAIL!
Molasses Chocolate Chunk Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 10 oz dark chocolate chunks or semi sweet
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven top 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in molasses, salt, eggs, and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Add in the baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger, and mix well.
- Gradually mix in the flour on low speed, just until combined.
- Stir in pecans and chocolate chunks.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour.
- Scoop dough with 2 Tbsp scoop and roll in the granulated sugar until well coated.
- Place dough balls 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes on cookie sheet before transferring wire racks to cool completely. Store in an air tight container.