Red, White, and Blue Meringue Cookies are a delicious and easy patriotic dessert for the 4th of July, Memorial Day, or Labor Day! A fun and festive treat!
If you have never made meringue cookies, this easy recipe is a great place to start! No need to be intimidated; they only require a few common ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
Meringues have a light, crisp shell and a slightly chewy, airy inside. There is nothing else quite like them! They are delicate and delicious, and are sure to impress!
The great thing about meringue cookies is you can make them any color and any shape you can imagine!
Red and green for Christmas (or make these adorable Christmas Tree and Wreath Meringue Cookies!!).
White ghosts and orange pumpkins for Halloween!
Use any color you like to match the theme of a party, bridal shower, or baby shower!
Clearly, I am not a piping master. My stars won’t be winning any awards, haha! But it’s all good. Don’t let lack of perfect piping skills stop you from trying meringues. There’s no need to make fancy shapes to enjoy them. One bite, and everyone will forget that the lines weren’t straight!
You can even play with different flavors by using your favorite extracts, like lemon, raspberry, or orange!
A FEW QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE AND PRO TIPS ON HOW TO MAKE RED, WHITE, AND BLUE MERINGUE COOKIES:
How long will it take to make stiff peaks in the meringue? It takes about 5 minutes with a stand mixer for the sugar to dissolve and for stiff peaks to form.
What do stiff peaks look like? You will know you’ve reached the stiff peak stage when you lift the beaters and the meringue lifts and holds its shape in a peak. If you turn the beaters upside down, the meringue will not move.
How long do meringues last after baking? Meringue Cookies can last nearly 2 weeks as long as they are kept dry in an airtight container. Any moisture will make them sticky and they will lose their crisp shells.
MORE RED, WHITE, AND BLUE RECIPES TO TRY:
- Patriotic Marshmallow Crunch Brownies are the perfect easy dessert to bring to picnics, potlucks, or summer gatherings! Red, white, and blue, and delicious!
- Red, White and Blue Recipes to Rock Your 4th of July
- This Berry Cheesecake Fluff is the perfect no bake summer time dessert! It’s cool, creamy, cheesecake fluff loaded with fresh blueberries and strawberries!
- 16 Simple and Delicious Red, White, and Blue Recipes
- This Triple Berry Coffee Cake is so buttery, moist and fluffy. The brown sugar streusel topping is killer and the sweet almond glaze makes it irresistible!
- 17 Festive Red, White, and Blue Recipes for the 4th of July!