This Southern Cornbread Salad is the perfect summer side dish for picnics, cookouts, and parties! Full of wonderful flavors, it’s sure to be a new favorite!
I have made this Southern Cornbread Salad a few times, each time making waaaay more than I actually needed for the occasion. Partially because it always gets gobbled up right away, but also because it’s so so good and I like to eat it for lunch for a few days… it seems to get better and better each day.
I love side dishes like this that can be prepared ahead of time. It makes things so much easier to not have to make everything all at once. Especially if you are serving a lot of people! You could even make this the day before serving – I happen to think it tastes better the second day!
I like to use this cornbread recipe for the base. It is sweet and moist, and super delicious!
- 1 8x8" pan of cornbread (cut into cubes)
- 1 can pinto beans (14 oz)
- 2 cups corn (can use frozen or canned)
- 1 Small Vidalia onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cups tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 1/2 yellow pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1/2 green pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 Medium zucchini (chopped)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded cheese
|Layer ingredients in even layers in the order listed into a 13x9" pan or a trifle dish. Cover and chill for several hours before serving. Keep leftovers refrigerated.|
More favorite summer recipes: