First of all, let me start by saying that I have received so many messages and emails from sweet readers wanting to know about the person behind Back For Seconds. This post is for you!
Honestly, when I first started this blog I wanted to be anonymous. No one knew my name or anything about me, and I was happy with that.
I wanted Back For Seconds to be a place all about yummy recipes, so why put myself out there when you come for the food?
Besides…what if you didn’t like me?? Eeek! After a while I realized that in order to connect with people over the internet I would have to open up and share a bit about myself.
When you visit me here, I want you to feel like you’re visiting a friend – as well as getting a tasty recipe! So today is the day, folks. I really wasn’t sure what to share, so it’s just a lot of random things about me. Maybe we are a lot alike?
1. I believe in miracles.
2. I am addicted to all things sparkly.
3. I can’t make a decision to save my life.
4. My hair color is constantly changing (see #3).
5. I am shy, compassionate, and slightly disorganized.
6. I love fashion.
7. Chocolate, gooey, and fudgy desserts get the thumbs up from me.
8. I never use recipes or measure ingredients. This blog forces me to keep track of such things 😉
9. I feel naked without jewelry.
10. I like shopping a little too much.
11. I love cooking/baking with my little girl.
12. I love being a mom and I try to soak up every second I have with my babies.
13. I love taking pictures and the photographs of my family are among my most treasured possessions.
14. I get totally giddy (and still get butterflies) on dates with my husband.
15. I like to overdose on accessories.
16. I am a hairstylist.
17. I design, create, and sell jewelry (found here).
18. I don’t believe there is a greater sound than baby giggles. When all 3 of my littles are giggling together it totally melts me.
19. I have naturally curly hair.
20. Peanut butter and chocolate is my favorite flavor combo.
Let’s get personal:
* I am married to the coolest guy ever. We got engaged at 20, and after 8 years of marriage we are still crazy about each other.
* I am a Christian. I don’t do everything right. I make mistakes. I don’t deserve God’s grace but thankfully, He gives it freely anyway.
* I am mama to nine babies. Six are in the arms of Jesus and I miss them everyday. Our daughter and twin baby boys give us immeasurable joy and they are proof that miracles happen.
* As much as I would like to, I can’t please everyone, but if I am honoring the Lord, that’s all that really matters.
And lastly, a confession:
More often than not, I eat cookies for breakfast!
I appreciate each one of you so much – whether you’re a lurker or a regular commenter. It means so much to me to have you as a reader. Really!! Thanks a million for visiting Back For Seconds and taking the time to get to know me a bit. I want to get to know you too and I love getting comments and emails from you! So, let’s get to know each other! Do we have a lot in common? What are some random facts about you? Please share!