Thick and Chewy Brown Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (optional)
|Preheat oven to 350* |
In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla and salt and mix well. Mix in eggs one at a time. Add baking powder and baking soda and mix. Mix in flour just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded spoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets 2" apart. Bake 8 minutes. (They stay light in color and will appear soft, but do not over bake or they will harden.) Let cool a few minutes on cookie sheet before cooling completely on wire racks.
Now, how about a giveaway? All you have to do is leave a comment telling me your favorite way to use brown sugar and you will automatically be entered to win a $100 VISA gift card!!
Look for Domino® Sugar canisters, or its sister brand, C&H® Sugar (available in the western half of the U.S.), at a grocery retailer near you. For a coupon, visit dominosugar.com or for C&H® brand, visit chsugar.com.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including a disclosure that your Tweet is a sweepstakes entry and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.