Soft and chewy Coconut Lime Cookies are easy to make and taste like a tropical vacation! Made with real limes, they’re bursting with flavor!
It may be cold and snowy here, but I can almost feel hot sand under my feet and hear waves crashing, if I close my eyes tight enough while eating these coconut lime cookies!
The combination of sweet toasted coconut with fresh lime juice and zest, will take your taste buds on a tropical vacation!
I know these cookies seem more like a summer dessert, but the idea of them popped into my head and I just had to make them. Now!
I blame mine and my husbands constant day dreaming about Hawaii. Some day soon we would love to go back, but until then, we will eat cookies, ha!
The texture of these cookies is amazing. They are soft and light yet chewy, and are bursting with plenty of lime flavor with lots of sweet flakey coconut. We tried some with white chocolate chips too for a little something extra!
How to Make Soft and Chewy Coconut Lime Cookies:
- Make sure to use room temperature, softened butter and cream it well with the sugar. This takes a few minutes in a stand mixer, and should be light and fluffy when it’s done.
- Use fresh limes! Using both lime juice and zest, along with the lime extract makes the citrus flavor really pop!
- Do not over bake these cookies. Pull them from the oven when the tops are no longer shiny and the edges are just barely golden. This will give the cookies the soft and chewy texture you want!
- Add white chocolate chips to your dough before baking to add a little something extra
More Coconut and Lime Recipes to enjoy:
- Lime Cheesecake Bars with Lemon Lime Crust
- Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chili Lime Chicken with Pineapple Avocado Salsa
- Caramel Coconut Blondies
- 7UP® Cake from Scratch with Lemon Lime Glaze
Follow Back for Seconds on social media!
BE THE FIRST TO GET NEW RECIPES – SUBSCRIBE TO BACK FOR SECONDS BY EMAIL
Coconut Lime Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lime luice about two medium limes juiced
- 2 TBSP lime zest about two medium limes zested
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp lime extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the lime juice, zest, egg, lime extract, and salt and mix well.
- Mix in baking powder and baking soda.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Stir in coconut and white chips.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until barely golden on the edges. Let sit on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.