This recipe makes the Best Glazed Lemon Loaf! Moist and sweet with lots of bright lemon flavor. The glaze adds an extra burst of lemon. Perfect for brunch!
This is one of those recipes that you will make over and over again. I made three batches, one right after the other, and my family is still wanting more!
Even with the glaze, this lemon loaf is not overly sweet. The texture is like a cross between pound cake and banana bread, and you will be craving it morning, noon, and night!
**COME JOIN MY EXCLUSIVE NEW FACEBOOK GROUP WHERE WE CAN CHAT AND SHARE RECIPES AND TIPS WITH EACH OTHER! **
For some reason, when I made this lemon loaf for the first time, I was sure it wasn’t going to turn out how I wanted. I didn’t even taste it right away – I just handed it off to my kids as they ran over to the kitchen to see what I had made.
They flipped for this bread! They were literally jumping up and down because it’s so good!
So I cut a slice for myself…
I immediately regretted not taking pictures before letting everyone dive right in, because it was perfect!! The very next day I made this recipe again – no modifications to my original recipe necessary!
This time I took pictures so all of you could see this lovely lemon loaf and make one for yourself!
Here are a few notes about making this recipe for Glazed Lemon Loaf:
- One batch will make one large loaf in a standard 8.5 x4.5 loaf pan baked for about 55 minutes, or three 5.75 x 3″ mini loaves baked for about 25 minutes.
- If you plan to freeze this bread, freeze it plain and add the glaze after thawing, just before serving.
- If you like your lemon glaze less sour, you can use half lemon juice, and half water. We all love a good punch to lemon baked goods, so I use all lemon juice with extra zest on top 🙂
- This would make an excellent addition to your Easter or Mother’s Day brunch menu!
Products used to make this recipe*:
**COME JOIN MY EXCLUSIVE NEW FACEBOOK GROUP WHERE WE CAN CHAT, SHARE RECIPES AND TIPS WITH EACH OTHER! **
MORE RECIPES FOR LEMON LOVERS:
- Glazed Lemon Bites
- 18 Lemon Desserts to Brighten Your Day!
- Easy Lemon Macaroons
- 21 Lemon Desserts to Make Your Taste Buds Sing
- Lemon Sheet Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting