Three Cheese Pasta with Kielbasa and Peppers
Three Cheese Pasta with Kielbasa and Peppers is a super simple, ultra delicious, 30 minute meal that will make dinner time a breeze on those busy weeknights!
- 12oz penne pasta (cooked and drained)
- 1lb kielbasa sausage (cut into 1/4 inch thick slices)
- 2 Medium bell peppers, I used red and orange (chopped)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8oz cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
|In a large saute pan, cook the kielbasa and peppers over medium/high heat until sausage is browned and peppers are tender. |
Add them to a large bowl, and use the same pan to make the sauce.
|Over medium heat, melt the butter and cream cheese in the chicken stock, stirring often. |
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and milk. Very slowly add the mixture to the pan, whisking constantly.
Add salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder, and let sauce simmer (not boil) until thickened.
Stir in parmesan and mozzarella until melted and smooth.
Pour over pasta, peppers, and kielbasa. Stir to coat and serve!