This Easy Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte rivals any you can buy in a coffee shop! It’s made with real pumpkin with options to make it sugar free and dairy free!
BE THE FIRST TO GET NEW RECIPES – SUBSCRIBE TO BACK FOR SECONDS BY EMAIL
It’s officially fall, y’all! This means there is no shame in breaking out the pumpkin spice everything!
Today was a perfect fall day. 68 degrees and sunny.
I took this opportunity to make myself an Easy Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte, and sit on the back deck, rocking my sleeping newborn baby. It was bliss!
Up until a few weeks ago, I hadn’t had coffee in a long time. It made me so sick while I was pregnant, but I can finally enjoy it again! I was super excited to see peppermint mocha creamer back in stores (my #1 favorite!) and have been drinking that in my coffee most days.
And now that it’s fall and pumpkin is front and center – I knew it was time to create a pumpkin spice latte at home! This way is so much less expensive, it’s made with real pumpkin, and you can easily customize it to your dietary needs.
How to make a homemade Pumpkin spice latte that’s perfect for you:
- For a dairy free option, use your favorite milk substitute (almond milk works great) and cool whip for the topping.
- Need a sugar free version? Use stevia or your favorite sugar substitute in place of the sugar (do not use the same amount as the sugar listed in the recipe – adjust to your desired sweetness).
- And, of course, you can use regular or decaf coffee. Just be sure to brew it extra strong so the coffee flavor shines through!
- I also notice that when using cinnamon in a hot beverage, it can sometimes settle and thicken (not my favorite). I recommend pouring your latte through a fine strainer if this happens. OR you can add the spices to your coffee grounds before brewing.
Let’s light some candles, put on a sweater, and dive into pumpkin season!
Want more amazing pumpkin recipes this season? I’ve got you covered!
Products used to make this recipe (click the image for purchase details):
FOR MORE EASY AND IMPRESSIVE RECIPES, GET MY COOKBOOK, BROWNIES, BLONDIES, AND BARS HERE!
Easy Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Dietary||Diabetic, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian|
|Misc||Gourmet, Serve Hot|
|Occasion||Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving|
- 1 cup milk (or almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or sugar substitute, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee
- whipped cream (optional)
- dash cinnamon (optional)
|To a small saucepan add milk, pumpkin, and sugar over medium low heat, whisking often until simmering. |
Remove from heat and vigorously whisk in vanilla and pie spice.
Pour over coffee.
|Top with whipped cream and cinnamon, if desired. Serve immediately.|