Summer is quickly coming to an end, and I want to soak up every last bit of it. Some of you may be eagerly awaiting fall and the cooler temps, but I don’t want summer to end!
I can’t think of anything more summery than strawberries and lemonade. Put those two flavors together and you get a crazy good cookie sandwich!!
I shared these Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies with you a few weeks ago (SO yummy!).
These cookies use the same simple 3 ingredient recipe. They are so moist and soft and chewy, and they are bursting with strawberry flavor! They are delish on their own but these babies were screaming for some lemonade filling! I was happy to oblige. It’s a very simple buttercream base with lemon juice added – lemonade in frosting form? Yes, please!
Summer may be coming to an end, but these flavors are delightful year round. Stick some in your kiddo’s lunch boxes, and your man’s briefcase (and obviously hide a few in your purse). You’ll be glad you did.
Strawberry Lemonade Cookies
by: Back For Seconds
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 Tbs lemon juice
- Link up your recipes, DIY projects, helpful tips, etc…I want to see it all! (Please only link up your own material)
- Check out some other links – this is a Social after all 🙂 Have fun and come back next week to see if you were featured! (You can find this weeks features here)